Over the past few months, you’ve likely been hearing a lot of conversations about returning to the office. On paper, sure, it feels like a logical next step in our odyssey back to a pre-pandemic “normal.” After all, being at the office has always been the way work gets done for most of us.
But we’ve learned a lot over 16 months. And it’s reshaped our understanding of how and where we work.
Turns out, at Salesloft, we’ve been pretty successful at the whole “work-from-home” arrangement. While plenty among us are ready to get back to the office, there are even more of us who like the flexibility of working from home: fewer stressful commutes, more quiet time to focus, and fewer decisions about what to wear, to name just a few of the perks. More importantly, we’ve learned we can do business digitally and fully operate with a 100% remote workforce while still thriving.
So do we really need our team members to return to the office?
That depends on what Lofters want, literally.
Enter Our Hybrid Workplace.
Comprising three workplace options — Home, Office, or Flex — Lofters can choose the one that’s right for them. It’s the “choose your own adventure” model for the modern workplace, and it was born out of feedback directly from the team.
We want to set the standard as an inclusive workplace that prioritizes employee engagement and organizational health. The Lofter experience should be the same regardless of where and how Lofters work. – Katie Cox, Vice President of People
This new model officially goes into effect October 2021. Here’s what it looks like:
- Home: Work the majority of time remotely with the occasional office visit a couple times per quarter.
- Office: Come to one of Salesloft’s offices three or more days per week and have a dedicated in-office workspace.
- Flex: Spend up to two days a week at a Salesloft office and work the balance from wherever you want.
What’s behind this change? For starters, Salesloft employees were already spread out across the world.
Beyond that, it’s a shift that’s largely influenced by our culture.
For us, culture has never been solely about being in the office. The Salesloft culture has always been about our shared values and how we work together. – Rob Forman, President and Chief Strategy Officer
2020 put this ethos to the test.
We adapted to remote life and hyper-focused our energy on team communication, collaboration, and connection, despite being physically apart. Out of that came a vibrancy that proved that, indeed, culture is a mindset — a leaning in and a willingness to be present.
Case in point:
- Biweekly all-hands meetings give Lofters an opportunity to hear from leadership and their colleagues about important business updates and to celebrate each other’s and our customers’ successes.
- Sync week, which gathers managers across the company on the 11th week of the quarter, provides a rhythm for planning, collaboration, face time, and fun together.
- New employee resource groups (ERGs) formed amid a remote work environment. ERGs were just one output of our ongoing examination and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, whether we’re at the office or working from home.
- A continuation of social and professional developmental programs, which started in the office, became a natural extension of our digital workplace — proving that meaningful connection and mentorship can happen from anywhere.
As we enter into the second half of 2021 and into the years ahead, one thing remains clear: Salesloft will continue to preserve, nurture, and champion our employees, our customers, and our culture — wherever we work.
Want to Become Part of Our Winning Team?
Then we’ve got great news! We’re hiring. Check out our careers page to learn more.