- Segmenting your customers based on categories such as healthy or unhealthy adoption helps you serve them better.
- A unified process and view helps your reps enjoy a holistic snapshot of the customer journey and better manage onboarding, adoption, proactive customer communication, and renewals at scale.
This is part 1 of a blog series on how we’re using our own platform to fuel success. This post is by Adam Waid, VP of Customer Success at SalesLoft.
Think about having a subpar meal at an upscale restaurant. Maybe the flavor combinations clashed. Or the presentation was sloppy. The whole experience left you unsatisfied and wondering, “Has the chef tried this dish even once?” or “How much did I pay for this again?”
At SalesLoft, you won’t find a seller who hasn’t used our product. We don’t just build and promote Sales Engagement; we live and breathe it every day. As advocates, we’re our own best customers.
For us, customer success is all about building relationships and showing customers how to get more revenue with our platform.
Every Customer Success Manager at SalesLoft has three main goals — adoption, expansion and retention. And we’ve built customer cadences to target these three areas. Tactically, these are personalized communications that deliver the right message at the right time to build relationships and drive revenue.
Customer Cadences Are Key
Segmenting your customers based on categories such as healthy or unhealthy adoption helps you serve them better.
For a healthy user, cadences build awareness and up-sell or cross-sell additional services. For an unhealthy user, cadences explain how they can generate more revenue by using important features they’ve overlooked.
Here are three cadences we use at SalesLoft to proactively help our customers.
- The New User Cadence: Every time a new user is added to a SalesLoft instance, we place them in this cadence to provide them with the resources they need to get up and running. Takeaway – provide your customers with a self-service way to gain proficiency with your product.
- The Journey Cadence: We add every single customer to this year-long cadence that provides suggestions on how to use SalesLoft more. Takeaway – having automated communication helps you stay relevant.
- The Optimization Cadence: We add users to this more personalized cadence six months into their partnership with SalesLoft. The goal? To create a conversation that helps our customer success team identify shortcomings of the company’s use and provide specific recommendations for improvement. Takeaway – set up regular, personalized touchpoints with your customers. You never know what you’ll learn.
We’ll share more in-depth detail on how we use these cadences in future blog posts.
Running all this communication sounds like a lot for one person, and it is.
Customer success reps are inundated with conflicting priorities, distracting them from critical proactive efforts.
So, keeping track of all these touchpoints would be nearly impossible without a strategic plan and the right platform.
With a unified process and view, your reps enjoy a holistic snapshot of the customer journey. This helps them manage onboarding, adoption, proactive customer communication, and renewals at scale.
Whether you’re eating a steak or using software, you deserve the best experience possible. So, we’ve tested the heck out of these customer cadences ourselves. In the coming weeks, we’ll share success stories about how SalesLoft reps have used the cadences described here.
As always, we’re here to help with any of your SalesLoft platform questions. Join SalesLoft experts for a live Q&A session during Office Hours, hosted twice daily. Bring all your burning questions on topics like Cadence Best Practices, Automation Rules, Admin Settings, and more. Register here.
Or if you prefer independent learning, check out the SalesLoft Knowledge Base.