We’re all looking for ways to be more productive in our day-to-day workflows. Trying to fit more work into the same amount of time forces us to look for methods, or tools, to be more efficient with our time. Whether it’s working off a task or a to-do list, tracking our time or working dedicated times into our calendar to dedicate to a specific account or activity, simple changes can yield dramatic improvements when we make them part of our everyday workflow.
Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of snippets – small, reusable pieces of content that can be added to email messages with a single click. Snippets provide sales teams a more efficient way to personalize communications and create more targeted and contextual conversations with customers.
Snippets huh? Tell me more.
- Snippets are small – insert a few words, a couple of sentences, or even a link or two. It’s easy to add multiple snippets to a single template.
- Snippets are reusable – once you create them, you can use them over and over again.
- Snippets are editable – as your content or needs changes, so can your snippets.
- Snippets are easily accessible – whether you’re sending directly from SalesLoft – or even directly in Gmail – snippets are available directly from the email compose window.
- Snippets work in tandem with templates – templates provide the overall structure and content of an email communication, but snippets grant sales teams the ability to personalize that message with contextually appropriate content.
So when would I use snippets?
The possibilities are endless, but below are a couple of examples to get the creative juices flowing on how to use them. Start by thinking of content that you use over and over again.
- Incorporate information about where a customer can submit a support ticket, access training or drop in a link to an upcoming webinar.
- Include a case study link designed to be in context with the type of buyer, their industry or their specific pain point.
- Provide online meeting credentials or a dial-in number with a simple click of the button.
- Supply links to sales tools used in the sales cycle to close deals including ROI calculators, economic impact assessments or an analyst report.
- Drop in common objection handling scripts to help your team overcome common questions.
We’re striving to provide your sales teams the tools they need to better engage with customers wherever they are in the sales cycle. We’ll continue to invest in broadening the snippets capability as well as other productivity enhancements over the coming months. We are grateful to have you here with us on our journey to provide you with the most comprehensive sales engagement platform. We are always excited to hear your feedback. Please check out SalesLoft University for more information.